Wednesday, October 24, 2012

25 days and still cigarette free.



I’m feeling much better as the side-effects of the tablets have settled down. But I have only been taking the night-time tablet if I feel like I need it. If I feel like I need one I take ½ instead. Providing I eat before I have the morning tablet I’m generally nausea free too.


I had 6-7 drinks on Saturday night but thankfully no one around me smokes so I was free of temptation. Last night Mum stayed over and I was having little internal freak-out about her smoking. She did have one cigarette but I wasn’t tempted to join her. This weekend I’m meeting a girlfriend for drinks, she is a ‘social smoker’ but hopefully she won’t smoke since I’m not.

I want to get to 6 weeks before I even consider getting drunk. I really want to have some sort of control over what I am doing.

 
Next Wednesday we’re off to Melbourne. The trip only came about because we refuse to sit at concerts and the Black Keys Sydney show had no standing tickets left.

We fly down on Wednesday and we’re staying at The Olsen. So far the plan is…

Wednesday night – Movida & The Black Keys
Thursday night – The Press Club
Friday night – Cumulus Inc

Yep all we have planned is what we are eating. I believe ET has some breakfasts & lunches planned too. But other than that I’m not sure what we’ll do. I will obviously do some shopping, but I’d like to see Melbourne too. I guess we will take it as it comes & enjoy our (short) time off work. We both need a break.

If anyone has any suggestions on things to do/see please pass them on

xx

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the non smoking! :)

    Fingers crossed Melbourne puts on some nice weather while you're here! Def check out St.Kilda and the markets x

    ReplyDelete